Let’s face it! The majority of “20 somethings” are in a constant state of re-evaluation. It’s a time where we are growing up, challenging our own beliefs and changing our values.
Unfortunate side effects include anxiety, self- doubt, and the good old-fashioned sense that we are experiencing a life crisis. I’m the worst at overusing the phrase life crisis. Seriously! If I had a dollar for every time I experienced what I deemed a life crisis, I could retire to my own private island that I’d fill with adorable dogs and gorgeous shirtless men whose only job is to feed me grapes and tell me that I’m pretty (obviously).
I think I’ve finally limited the amount of time I say that I’m experiencing a life crisis, and am finally on the path to self-awareness. Honestly, it took me a long time to become self-aware (let’s face it, I’m probably still not) and an even longer time to be able to admit some things about myself. There used to be so much I about myself that I would not admit, whether it be due to a healthy amount of self-esteem issues or an unhealthy fear of judgment. Now as I near the end of my 20s, I care a lot less (or at least so I pretend). So, armed with a small amount of narcissism and a gigantic amount of rambling, here are “Confessions of a 20 Something- Things I Can Know Admit (and That Nobody Cares About).” It’s a working title.
- Boy, do I love lists. I even have a to do list for my to do lists. In my teen years, it was embarrassing. Now, I will proudly make a list of reasons why lists are great. It obviously would be colour-coded. The only thing I love more than lists is a good colour code.
- I’m a stationery and office supply fanatic. That’s the understatement of the year. I LIVE for notebooks with pretty designs, pens that write nicely, and highlighters that make my notes sparkle. If you have a similar obsession healthy adoration for stationery, go watch sprinkleofglitter’s stationery hauls. You won’t regret it!
- I’m really good at pretending to be a morning person. The only time when I’m not being genuine is anytime before 10 a.m. when act like I’m alive and enthusiastic, despite my inner desire to drop kick anyone who forces me into a conversation.
- I’m also really good at convincing myself that people don’t like me (including my friends sometimes). Any psychologist would probably have a field day with that, but for now I’m just going to deny its existence.
- I’m perfectly okay with going to bed at 10 p.m. and have entered the part of my 20s when I don’t care if you judge me for it.
- I would much rather be a single old maid forever than listen to another male call himself an “entrepreneur” or even worse- one who tells me that I should smile more! Seriously, the 20 something dating world is ridiculous.
- I’m starting my third degree and I still don’t fully know where I’m going in life.
- Until I graduated teacher’s college, I hated people who told me not to go because of the lack of teaching jobs. Now I’m the jerk who tells people not to go because, spoiler alert, there are barely any jobs.
- I wish the avocado and/or the pumpkin spice trend would disappear. Go ahead and judge me! Just don’t punish me by making me eat an avocado or pumpkin spice flavoured object.
- As someone a little strangely obsessed with symmetry (and even numbers) I could probably create a list of 20 confessions. It’s just so cathartic and trendy! Unfortunately, I don’t want to anyone reading this to start crying tears of boredom. Or worse- never read my writing again.
Maybe one day I’ll do a part two. Until then, if you have chosen to do so, thanks for coming on this journey with me. You can also feel free to cover me in a pile of puppies, feed me grapes and/or tell me I’m pretty 😉
Admit your confessions in the comment section!